Always Watching Every Drop - All members of the Shaplands Swim School community have been affected by Queensland's water restrictions. We want to assure you we're doing our bit too.
All Shapland Swim Schools have low water usage and here's how:
The small volume of water in our pools: We use only 80,000 litres compared to:
- 50m council pool - 400,000 litres
- 25m indoor heated pool - 200,000 litres.
- Where possible we make the most of rainwater. In our swim schools without rain water tanks we can divert rain water directly into our pools. In the swim schools with rain water tanks, we collect this natural resource from all roof areas and use it to flush our toilets, top up the pool or on the landscaping.
- When not in use the pool is covered with a thremal blanket to reduce evaporation and lock in heat.
- Solar energy helps heat the pool's water. The structure over the pool is specifically designed to collect solar energy and reduce the need for gas and electricity to keep the water warm.
- All showers are fitted with low flow shower roses.
- We recycle water where possible. The Shapland Swim Schools who have embraced the magnapool technology are now getting much longer periods (up to 14 weeks) between backwashes hence resulting in huge water savings. Because of the very low sodium content in the backwash water this water (rich in magnesium and potassium) can be used on landscaping and other recyclable uses.
After 6 years of fabulous swimming lessons with you without a single break, thanks for all that you have...
Ted started with you 3 weeks ago and i just wanted to say I am beyond impressed with your school and in...
'Clodagh has learned more and had more fun in the short length of time she has been with Shapland than...